We know that to achieve optimal health and to look our best, we need to eat healthy. Fruits and vegetables, people! But sometimes it can be tricky trying to figure out how to incorporate these foods into our diets. Here are some tips:
- Avocado. Add slices of avocado on top of toast with hummus, and sprinkle pepper on top. Add to smoothies. Add cubes of avocado into your salad.
- Flaxseed. Add to smoothies. Sprinkle on top of cereal. Mix into yogurt, or oatmeal. The great thing about flaxseed is that you can’t really notice them, they are so small and don’t have a very strong flavor.
- Berries. Every week when I go grocery shopping, I always get either strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, because I make a point of using them throughout the week. You can add them to smoothies, on top of oatmeal/cereal/yogurt, or just eat them plain of course!
- Walnuts. Crush into tiny pieces and top your cereal with them. Add them to smoothies or salads, eat them whole, or add them into trail mix.
- Sweet Potato. I love sweet potatoes, and there are so many variations on ways to eat them. Bake them, and top with walnuts, honey, cinnamon, toasted almonds and sea salt. Or bake and top with olive oil, sea salt, and roasted garlic. Eat them mashed. You can even soften them by cutting them into cubes, then cooking in water on the stovetop, and freezing for use later on in smoothies.
As you noticed, blending foods is such an easy and effective way of getting in your fruits AND vegetables. My blender is my friend, and without it, I probably wouldn’t know what to do with certain foods. I hope that I gave you some ideas!