Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday…next to Halloween. I should rephrase that. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday of the holiday season. A lot of people would probably choose Christmas or the New Year, because of the gifts and partying, but I think Thanksgiving trumps them both.
As a young kid, I loved Christmas for the simple fact that I got gifts. I think most people would agree with this statement. But now that I’m older and have a family of my own, I’ve realized that there’s much to appreciate about the simplicity of Thanksgiving and the meaning of this day.
- It’s literally a day to appreciate how GOOD your life is, and we come together around a table of delicious food to do this.
- You get to see friends and family you haven’t seen in a while.
- There’s no pressure to get the perfect gift or to spend lots of money.
- There’s usually an abundance of funny stories, and entertaining guests.
- You can dress up nice, or not. And that’s ok.
- It’s the perfect way to kick-off the holiday season, and it’s full of anticipation of the coming month.
- I love getting together with family, and when the Thanksgiving dinner is over and your guests leave, you know you’ll likely be seeing them several times over the next few weeks.
- You’re supposed to eat until you’re stuffed.
- There’s usually a ton of delicious leftovers.
- If you really like Christmas, the day after Thanksgiving is usually when the Christmas music starts playing on the radio 🙂
Happy early Thanksgiving, don’t rush October.