I mentioned in a previous post:https://cheatsheethomemaker.wordpress.com/2016/12/07/10-pieces-of-advice-for-clear-skin/ that during a visit to my doctor, he asked if I wear makeup. I told him that I do not, and he responded with a firm “Good.”
Over the course of my lifetime, I’ve only worn makeup for two different reasons: Halloween and dance performances. Let me explain further why I have never seen the sense in wearing makeup.
- It’s not good for your skin. It can clog pores, and isn’t conducive of healthy skin. This alone should be reason enough to reconsider.
- You don’t need it. I understand that makeup accentuates our natural beauty, but that’s just it: you have natural beauty. So many times I have thought to myself “Wow, she looks great!” when seeing someone without their usual makeup on.
- Covering up skin problems can make it look worse. Acne can be a royal pain to deal with, but sometimes covering it up with heavy foundation draws attention to it even more. And like I mentioned, makeup isn’t doing your skin any favors.
- If you are wearing makeup to cover up a skin issue, why not invest some time getting to the root of the problem? Make an appointment with your doctor or dermatologist. It will be much better in the long run.
- Anyone can go out and buy your same makeup palette, but not everyone has your skin tone/eye color/lip color, etc. So why cover it up?
As far as I’m concerned, the only “makeup” we wear should be a layer of sunscreen, and some chapstick with SPF in it. I challenge you to go a day without your makeup, and see how it feels. Who knows, maybe you’ll get complimented on your natural look 😉